Dancing Into the Future

Gianna showing off her skill she learned

Madison Haynes, Staffer

Gianna at one of her dance competitions

Gianna Long is a sophomore at Sunlake High School. She is a very hardworking student who also works hard to achieve her goals.  I asked Gianna what her milestone was and she said her, “accomplishment is ten years of competitive dance”. I then asked Gianna how she accomplished her milestone and she stated, “I was able to accomplish ten years of competitive dance through hard work and commitment”. Gianna said this milestone meant a lot to her, “Because I have gained so many lifelong skills such as teamwork, dedication, and ambition”. I then asked Gianna if her milestone was hard to accomplish and she commented, “At times, there have been skills or combinations I wasn’t able to grasp right away. But I’ve learned that obstacles become easier to overcome because with passion and determination we can reach our highest potential”. With Gianna accomplishing her milestone I asked if she was going to create a new one to accomplish. She then said, “Yes, I would love to continue dancing competitively until my senior year and I’ve also made many small goals about skills that I need to improve over the next few years”. Making a list of small little goals is always a great way to help accomplish a milestone in the long run. The last question I asked Gianna was if there was anyone that helped her accomplish her milestone, Gianna said, “Yes! I couldn’t have accomplished this many years of dance without my parents, my amazing dance teachers and all the girls on my team. All of them have pushed me to the best ability and motivated me to continue to do what I love”. Thanks to the support her friends and family gave her she was able to accomplish her milestone that she has worked very hard for.