Staying Diligent

Staying Diligent

Sean Pratt is a freshman at Sunlake High school. He is a very hardworking student and is able to stay focused on his schoolwork and his baseball. Sean said one of the most challenging things about this school year is, ” balancing time between extra curricular activities and school work” After school sports can be very distracting for some people but Sean has found ways to make sure he is able to get all of his work done in time. Sean said in order for him to keep up with his activities and school work he sometimes has to, “stay up late doing homework or studying for a test”.  Sean was one of the many people who have gotten quarantined . I asked him what was one negative and positive about the quarantined experience and he said the negative to him was that he, “was unable to see his friends” and the positive to him “was not having to wake up early to get ready for school and just being comfortable around the house”. Everyone has had different experiences with quarantine some may have been good or bad but for Sean’s case he enjoyed it. Some freshman may find it hard this school year because it is their first year in high school and they have to deal with Covid and all the new rules of the school. I asked Sean if it has been a challenging school year for him and he stated that, “freshman year is not difficult for me”. Sean has been able to find ways to still enjoy this school year even with all the new things we have to deal with. I asked what was one thing Sean wanted to do this year but could not because of Covid. He said he, “wanted to go to New York, but because of Covid it was cancelled”. Covid has caused any family’s to cancel their trips and vacations and Sean’s was one of them.