Psychology Club

Jack Lonon, Staffer

In the spirit of Halloween, Sunlake’s Psychology Club held a meeting in Mr. Aguiar’s classroom where they discussed psychological concepts and theories relating to death and dying. The club aims to discuss topics that go beyond the AP Psychology curriculum for those who have already taken the course in the past or are simply eager to learn more about psychology while expanding on what is taught in class to help develop a deeper understanding for those who are preparing to take the AP exam. Though it is geared towards psych students, the club is open to anyone and everyone who is interested in psychology.

“We just really want to foster a love for psychology here at school.” said the club vice president, senior Tatianna DeMarco. “Psych is one of the fastest growing fields in the country right now, so it’s good to explore that, and coming to Psych Club is a great way to decide if you think taking AP Psych or pursuing a career in psychology might be right for you.”

Club president, senior Jack Lonon says, “Taking Mr. Aguiar’s AP Psychology class is like an integral part of the Sunlake experience. Maybe you couldn’t fit into the class, or you’re worried about taking an AP class. Either way, Psychology Club is for you, so that you don’t miss out on that.”