Trick Around the Track

%E2%80%9CThe+purpose+of+the+event+was+to+bring+the+school+and+community+together+for+a+fun+day.+We+also+collected+food+for+the+upcoming+food+drive+for+Metro+Ministries.%E2%80%9D+

Samuel Chacon

“The purpose of the event was to bring the school and community together for a fun day. We also collected food for the upcoming food drive for Metro Ministries.”

Madison Belfiore, Staffer

On October 29th, Key Club hosted Trick Around the Track. For this event they send out flyers to many of the surrounding elementary schools and neighborhood social media pages. Clubs set up booths with games and activities all around the track. Families go around the track playing those games and collecting candy. Ms. Noffsinger, the sponsor for Key Club, said, “To prepare, I promote the event to all our sports teams and clubs to see if they want to participate. Key Club asks members to volunteer and donate candy. It is a team effort between the administration, teachers, and students to put on the event. All the clubs came up with activities and games. I loved how many of them themed their activities. For example, the girl’s golf team had putt-putt, the Science Honor Society had the kids make slime, and the Book Club had a campfire story circle. Then, there were also lots of Halloween-themed games.” There were 22 clubs and sports teams that participated and were involved in this event: Key Club, Robotics, Class of 2023, Class of 2024, Class of 2025, Class of 2026, Girls Soccer, Tennis, FBLA, Girls Lacrosse, Drama Club, Amnesty Club, Book Club, Science Honor Society, NHS, Girls Golf, NEHS, Astronomy Club, Progressive Teen Club, Freedom Club, Random Acts of Kindness, and SADD. Ms. Noffsinger said, “It is so rewarding to see Sunlake students represent the school in such a positive way. I love seeing them interact with the little ones who come to trick-or-treat. I also love seeing all the creative ways that they come up with games and activities for the kids to do.”

“Sunlake is part of the community, and it is so wonderful bringing the community together for such a positive event.” (Samuel Chacon)