The Season of Being Thankful

Samantha Barnes

Samantha with her mom and sister before enjoying their meal.

Ella Infanger, Staffer

Some may say the most wonderful time of year is Christmas, but the smiling faces on our seahawk’s faces prove it is Thanksgiving! Our students enjoyed spending time with family during Thanksgiving and eating delicious foods. This holiday began in 1621 when the Mayflower pilgrims sat down for a three-day feast with the Wampanoag. It was in celebration of the autumn harvest feast. Today, we celebrate what we’re thankful for and our blessings from the previous year. Our students spent time with family, friends, and plates full of food. One student, Junior Samantha Barnes “had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, bread rolls, ham, and gravy.” There is a wide variety of delicious and mouthwatering dishes that can be served at Thanksgiving. In the end, however, Sam’s “all-time favorite dish was the mashed potatoes.” Furthermore, Thanksgiving is all about spending time with family and many of our students did fun activities as part of the festivities. Sam shared that “my favorite part of Thanksgiving was when my whole family sat down and played a game of charades. The acting was downright horrible, but it was so much fun!” This holiday is a great way to spend time with your loved ones. It’s also a time of gratitude. “This year I am thankful for my puppies who have grown so much since the day we got them. I am also thankful for my loving family who always supports me” continued Sam. Thanksgiving is always a memorable and important day for our students and staff.