The Polar Express Comes to Sunlake

Daniel Crane

Freshmen Avery Allen and Allison Ray with three Key Club. members at the movie night.

Madison Belfiore, Staffer

On December 9th, Sunlake’s Student Council hosted a Christmas movie night on the Sunlake football field. The movie they showed was The Polar Express. They sold hot chocolate, candy, and popcorn. There were lots of students that went to see the movie; everyone brought blankets to sit and lay on. Freshman Avery Allen was one of the many to attend the movie night. Avery says, “I wanted to go to the movie with my friends because I wanted to do something fun with my friends since FNL is over. I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was super fun and the hot chocolate and snacks they sold were super good.” The Polar Express is a classic Christmas movie and gets everyone in the Christmas spirit. “I think it was a great movie, a classic, and something everyone likes and festive.” Sunlake’s student council plans a movie night every year for the Sunlake students, for next years movie night, Avery would like to see, “Elf or Home Alone are [sic] good choices since they are good classics that everyone knows and loves.” Avery had a blast at the movie night. She says, “I enjoyed it very much! It was super fun, and not very loud or chaotic. I definitely would go again if I knew and enjoyed the movie!” Attending the movie with Avery, was her friend Freshman Allsion Ray. Allison had a lot of fun getting to go see the Polar Express with her friends she says, “It’s a good movie I watched it every Christmas in elementary school and loved it and it sounded like a good time with friends.” Allison definitely would like to go see another movie at Sunlake, she would like to see “Christmas Vacation or Elf.” Overall, Allison says, “I had a really fun time made some nice memories.”

Sunlake students watching the Polar Express. (Daniel Crane)