The Key to a Successful Movie Night

James Magos

Key Club members, including Sofia Toledo and her friends, served hot chocolate to all Seahawks who showed up to enjoy the movie night.

James Magos, Staffer

December 9th was a festive night to be at Sunlake, as it promoted holiday and winter cheer. The Key Club sponsored a movie night on the football field for all Seahawks to come and enjoy. Sophomore Sofia Toledo, a member of the club, volunteered at the event and helped to promote the festivity. “So the event was for Key Club volunteering, where I would be serving hot cocoa to students that came to the event,” said Sofia, “I was alongside three other members, where we worked together to accommodate the people in line who wanted multiple items.”

When asked what encouraged her to sign up for the event, Sofia said, “I wanted to participate in the event because I wanted to help other Key Club members with their hours as well as make the movie experience enjoyable by helping giving out snacks. I had a good time because the weather was nice and we sold out on all the snacks and making profits for the school.” The movie they were watching was The Polar Express. The Polar Express is a movie about a boy who goes on this adventure to the North Pole while not quite knowing if he believes in Santa or not, and the friends he make along the way on his crazy journey.