A Senior’s Legacy

James Magos

Nathan Lee (Senior) dribbling up the ball in a boys varsity soccer game.

Noah Sagnip, Staffer

For the past few years, the Sunlake Boys Soccer team has been very dominate. Last year, the team made a fantastic run throughout the season, but came short in the district’s final. With a final record of 20-4-1 last season, the team looks to improve that and take the district title and even a state title. Already 18-2-1, this year’s team is looking to be even more solid than last year. With many of the seniors on the team this year, the boys have a strong team. 

For Senior Nathan Lee, he looks forward to making his last year his best year. In relations to his current senior year, he says, “I’m doing great in the current season and love being on a squad who is so focused on winning every game.” Of all his childhood playing soccer, he says, “My favorite thing about playing soccer is my team and their drive to always to be the best and win every time they step foot on the pitch.” Additionally, Nathan adds, “I’ve seen major improvement throughout the years of playing soccer, mainly because of my growth, but overall speed and my ability to control the ball and power has improved dramatically.” As many of the teams have played together for numerous years, they have strong chemistry. Nathan says, “Some strengths our team has this year is our chemistry which leads to many opportunities on the goal in creating goals.” To cap off his final legacy, he states, “I am looking forward to the state series in which hopefully we win a state title.” Although it may be Nathans final year of high school soccer, he thinks he will continue to play the sport he loves. “I think I will continue playing soccer for fun, but not as competitive when I reach college.”