A Year Thanks From a Seahawk

Alexa and her family having a new year dinner

Samuel Chacon, Staffer

“3..2…1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

And just like that, 2022 is over for our Sunlake Seahawks, and once again, they approach a new year. Coming into the New Year is a cause for celebration, for spending time with friends and family and for offering Happy New Year wishes. A lot can happen within a year. With the good aspects of the year 2022 that has brought to us with meeting new people, the start of new friendships and getting closer with others. Furthermore, the start of discovering new things within the time of the year, and with the ugliness of the year and the experiences, it helped people to look back and to see what has improved in the year 2022.

But on the final minute of the year, time began to slow down and flashbacks of the year 2022 start to form together. In the last second, glasses are raised and fireworks are explode into the night sky, which brings an important message on what the new year brings to us.

Freshman Alexa Cadenas spent her New Year’s Eve in Milwaukee City of Wisconsin with friends and family. It took place at a family gathering that was at her cousin’s house with lots of Cuban food stating, “I’m Cuban so at family parties we go all out, and I ate so many pieces of Cuban bread that night, so I didn’t eat much [other than that]. Also, there was music for [us] to dance too.” Alexa’s family has a tradition where each and every one of them prepares a new year’s message to toast to for the family. Alexa had planned her speech a month prior to the party. On that night it was Alexas turn to give out her part of the toast. “As the year comes to an end, I thank God for keeping my family healthy and safe and for blessing me with you all. Thank you for being a part of my 2022, here is to wishing you all a wonderful new year.” Alexas Happy New Year message speaks about her thankfulness by giving those heartfelt words onto her family for all the effort they had given to her.