A Winter Break Retreat

For New Year’s, seniors Gabriella Paul and her boyfriend Nicholas Soler went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with Nick’s family. Gabby says, “we had so much fun and I got to get closer with [Nick’s] family.”

Toby Somerville, Staffer

Over winter break, senior Gabriella Paul went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a week to celebrate the start of 2023. She traveled with her boyfriend Nicholas Soler and his family. Gabby says, “we had so much fun and I got to get closer with his family.” They decided to go to Gatlinburg because of all the sights and activities they couldn’t do in Florida, including the cold weather and snow sports. Gabby says she saw “the Titanic Museum, all of the intricate mountainsides, the scenic views in the woods, and lots and lots of shops.” Of all the things they did while away, Gabby says “my favorite memory is definitely getting to ski with Nick- I was so terrible at it but we had so much fun struggling together.” It’s exciting to travel to experience things many Seahawks don’t have the opportunity to try in Florida. “I absolutely recommend Gatlinburg for anyone that is interested in going to Tennessee or traveling just in general,” she says, “it’s a lovely place.” Sadly, all the fun in the mountains had to end after New Year’s, and the group headed home. Gabby says “coming back from vacation and going straight to school was not the most enjoyable experience, but I was excited to start off the second semester of senior year.”

Seniors Gabriella Paul and Nicholas Soler traveled to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a week over winter break, and they were able to pack their schedules full. Gabby says “we saw the Titanic Museum, all of the intricate mountainsides, the scenic views in the woods, and lots and lots of shops.”