A Freshman’s Fancy Feet

Toby Somerville, Staffer

As a freshman starting at Sunlake this year, Andrew Zevin (Drew) needed something instead of school as a hobby. Drew has been interested in soccer for a long time, ever since he was five years old. One of the good things about soccer is how it keeps Drew on track for school. He says, “it helps me get good grades by making sure I can play.” With all of the activities and other sports he does, like throwing javelin and running long-distance on the track team, Drew is able to make time for soccer. He says he feels he has enough time for soccer because he can focus on it after school and his other interests.

It’s always nice to see improvement in an activity or sport you’ve been working at, and Drew says “I like getting better at [soccer] and improving.” Another good thing about playing a sport like soccer is the group of players you get to know the more you spend time with them. Drew says he was able to meet “new teammates that are now friends.” As he continues moving through high school, Drew will surely meet new people in the different sports and activities he does.

Freshman Andrew Zevin has been playing soccer ever since he was five years old. One thing he likes about the sport is how it keeps him on track for school and other activities.
As a freshman at Sunlake this year, Andrew Zevin uses soccer to keep him on track in school and his other sports. He says, “It helps me get good grades by making sure I can play.”