A Sporty Sophomore

Ella Somerville

Sophomore Elephteria (Ella) Somerville started weightlifting this year for Sunlake, and it is added to the list of her sports hobbies. She says, “I enjoy doing my hobby with many of my friends, who are all very athletic and very fun to be around.”

Toby Somerville, Staffer

Sophomore Elephteria Somerville’s hobby has always been sports, and she has been able to try new ones here at Sunlake each year. She says, “I have always been interested in playing sports. I have been playing soccer my whole life, I started doing track in 8th grade, and this is my first year doing weightlifting.” With all of the sports here at Sunlake, there’s always a new sport for Ella to try. It can be difficult to balance school, sports, and other activities, but Ella is able to use sports to help her in school. She says, “My hobby helps me stay physically fit and helps me to not focus on school and get a break from all the work.” It’s also nice to play and train with other athletes, which Ella does each day. She says “I enjoy doing my hobby with many of my friends, who are all very athletic and very fun to be around,” and “I have made many new friends doing sports, and most of them go to Sunlake.” Every day, Ella joins her friends from track to stay fit and have fun, and she says she prefers sports to other things because she has a lot of fun doing it. She loves to stay fit and get stronger.

As a sophomore, Elephteria Somerville has already been in many sports, and she started throwing javelin for the track team this year. She says playing sports “helps me stay physically fit and helps me to not focus on school and get a break from all the work.” (Ella Somerville)